Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'm back

Last night I went to the boat house and did a standard fall work out on the erg: 3 x 15', with 3 min rest. I did the first at 1:54.2/500m splits, the second at 1:53.8, the third at 1:53.6 (even after getting up to turn down the stereo 4 min into the piece, so I really cooked on the last one). My heart rate for the first was around 160, second 165, third probably 175. These are all great numbers. They imply I can do 3 x 20', 3' off at 1:54. That's a "I'm in very good shape" benchmark. So it seems I'm effectively "back" from my broken wrist injury. About 5 months from the injury to now.

The good news is that I'm on this "training to get back in shape" cycle, and it's got me well timed for the fall season. I may actually be fast just in time for fall racing. Usually I start my fall training late and peak after the season. Now I'm right on schedule. Just hope I can stick with it through September. It's going to be a rough month.