Monday, May 02, 2005

Sticks and stones

I went to the orthopedist today who sawed my cast off. I had the x-rays last Thursday. He said it looks "great" which I assume is actual indication of superlative recovery. He's one of those doctors who takes a little time to warm up to other people. Man of few words. But he gave me a good cast, and I'm grateful for that.

So I got a prescription for a brace. I had special instructions on which drug store to go to. The guy at the store was kind, helpful, informative. He dropped little things in our conversation that, in hind sight impressed me. He seemed to know a little about everything. He appropriately used "erg" as a verb in reference to my (currently shelved due to injury) rowing career. He seemed to genuinely care that I do the right thing and heal and that I not try to do anything with my right hand. I got a gentle and good natured scolding for taking the papers he handed me with my right hand.

So I have the brace on my right hand, and will wear it as much as I can for the next month.

I had a super busy day today, so I'll update this with fun photos tomorrow sometime.

My new apartment is in a place where folks have AMAZING flowers. They call to me and my camera.

I have some funny stories from my move. More on those soon too.

Is the sidebar of my blog not loading for everyone, or is it just me?