Thursday, December 15, 2005

Why my weekend will kick ass

1) Because I won't have any homework hanging over my head. School's out forever. 'Nuff said.

2) Because I won't have any work hanging over my head. Big presentation went well today. My ego is satisfied because I can, in places, see my ideas in the final product. My principal teammate has worked damn hard to make this successful, too, and without his work it would have been a total disaster. I feel bad because he's working his ass off on this and another project, and he really took on a lot of the tedium for this project. As much as I hate tedium, I need to shoulder my fair share. I just suck at tedium. I'll try to cover him in that department a bit more, though. But long run, this weekend, no worries for work.

3) Friday night I see L. L's parents are throwing a holiday party, and L is gonna be my "date". No I'm not dating a 3 year old. Just means mom's thrilled that I'll be carting L around all night. And so am I. Love that little girl. I wanted to find this CD for her, but instead found this one, which I also know. She likes techno. She likes jazz. Will she like the quintessential baroque that is Bach on a synthesizer? Hope so.

4) Saturday morning I row. Last practice of the season. Yeah. We're gonna have fun. I think we'll be doing race pieces all day. Bring it.

5) Saturday later morning I brunch with a classmate. She's really cool. I also have a crush on her. Exotic brunette. Nuff said. And she's smart and brave and kind. But she's in major relationship turmoil (with another classmate), and I seek not to complicate anyone's life. None the less, it'll be cool to spend time with her. We've talked a lot but never gotten together one on one socially. Post brunch we plan to hike/ walk in Marin headlands. I have a route planned.

6) Saturday early afternoon therapy. Hey, I always feel better after talking with my counselor.

7) Rest of the weekend: Harbin hot springs. A dear friend is taking me away for a weekend of renewal of mind, body and spirit. They place heavy emphasis on the optional in "clothing optional". Hey, it's California. Can't deny I'm a bit...however it is you feel about something that will be scary but cool. Like going to a foreign country for the first time. Maybe I'll love it and want to move there. Maybe I'll be glad to be home. But it'll be an experience.

I feel tomorrow is Christmas.