Saturday, February 12, 2005

To the lady from the shopping center

Dear Madam:

I, like you, buy into our American system of first come, first served.

I, like you, don't actually believe in cutting in line.

And I did see you making that three point turn down there.

And I know those parking spaces on my left were angled to be entered only from the direction you were soon to be heading.

And you did, certainly pass by that last remaining empty parking spot first.

And I did, perhaps illegally, just casually back into that spot, while you were properly executing a 3 point turn.

And I did notice that you were genuinely pissed off at me for taking the spot. It's now clear to me you had your eye on it.

In my defense, I offer only this:

1) The spot was labeled "Compact"

2) You were driving a Land Rover