Friday, March 25, 2005

Truth & Reconciliation

God: Gee, Ken, you're really pissed off at me

Kenneth: What gave you that idea?

God: All these sarcastic things you keep writing. Ya know, you can just bring these things up with me directly. No need to go behind my back, so to speak.

Kenneth: Forgive me, but the lines of communication have seemed pretty unidirectional until just now.

God: I get that a lot. I do answer all my fan mail. Not everyone opens the responses I send.

Kenneth: So this is my own fault? This is feeling very Catholic.

God: I don't have time for this right now. We can have that chat in 65 years or so. But to answer your question from earlier today: All my tests are open book, so to speak. I don't send you things to handle without sending the means to handle them. I'm a fair guy. You have to be open to the help to recognize and use it, though.

Kenneth: Yeah, I just figured that one out. Sorry I made you hit me over the head with it.

God: No worries. You'd be less interesting otherwise.