Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Damn...

I made this recipe tonight. Well, I made a soup inspired very largely by this recipe. I used acorn squash, and couldn't find my maple syrup, so I added some brown sugar. It's qute good. Thanks to my brother for mentioning it to me.

When I cook I do have to wonder why I bother. Yeah, the food is good and healthier than most junk I'd get for take-out. But it took me about an hour, maybe longer, to make the soup and to roast two chicken leg quarters. And I'm still not done cleaning up. I've cooked in advance, and will probably eat the leftovers later in the week. So I suppose I should amortize the time spent tonight over the meals eaten down the road. But I can understand how people would just go out or pick something up most nights. It may cost a little more, but it's less work and takes less time.

Anyway, I recommend the recipe.

*UPDATE*
I fixed the link.