Saturday, May 21, 2005

Missing my wrist

Today I went for a run, then cleaned up my apartment a bit, then went for a long hike with some friends by the coast.

It was lovely, though a bit windy. We talked about all kinds of things. It was nice.

And I do enjoy hiking, but we passed at least 100 cyclists today, and there's nothing I'd rather have done with today then been on my bike or been rowing.

I got on the rowing machine this morning for about 3 minutes. It was clear that if I pull at full power, my wrist will hurt a lot. Just pulling at 2/3 power made my wrist hurt just a bit at the end of the stroke. Before my shower, I got down to see if I was ready to try a push up. But the strain from positioning my hand at a right angle to my arm and making my wrist joint bear that much body weight are just too much. I could push it, but I'd hurt myself. I hate being restricted to essentialy lower body only exercise. I'm sure I've lost a lot of upper body strength and muscle during this down time. I'd like to be well again.