Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ouch

As I learned on "What Not to Wear", one's shoes say a lot about one. And my black shoes were saying "Cheap bastard who doesn't know when to get some new shoes". Actually, I became aware of the shoes state of decrepitude this last week, when I noticed the outsides of the heels had become so worn I was really not standing correctly. I could get new heels put on, but they'd still look beat up.

So yesterday I set off to find new shoes. This is always a massive challenge for me, since I take a 12 EE. There are folks out there with larger feet, but not many. Most shoes in the store are sizes 9-10. And no shoes are in widths wider than "M" or "D". So I end up looking more for things in my size than what I want. Of the 12's, I try to find some that I can break in, width wise.

I'm wearing the new shoes today. I elected to take the Muni from the Ferry to the office, to save myself the walk. It's noon and my feet hurt. This will suck.

But the new shoes are cool.