Friday, January 27, 2006

Danger, Will Robinson!

Ah, great.

Just got e-mail from K saying that she has heard about the black and white party through her own sources, and may be there tonight. And depending on how my chat with M goes, she may be there tonight.

This is like a bad sit-com plot, and I really don't want to be in it.

I wrote K back telling her that I'd be happy to run into her, that I'm likely going to be with my school friends, and informed her there was a chance that another "friend" of mine would be there. Not that I'm going with anyone per se, but I'd rather just put the truth out there.

I just want to avoid drama and be free to be me.

And honestly, I'm a little nervous about having my school friends world collide with the other parts of my life. K and I met in some unconventional circumstances. And to be honest, I fear what my classmates will think. I can hear one of the guys in particular, who only dates skinny blonde chicks with big boobs. He'd never see why I like a curvy, 6' tall brunette who's 7 years my senior. But I like her. She just gets me, and I don't have to explain anything to her. And she's really centered and has her shit together. She's Dali Lama meets bohemian party girl. And that's hot. So I suppose my classmates can fuck themselves. If they don't get why I like her, then they don't get me.