Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Friday

I'm going to this party:

Host: Birthday Girl Productions
Location: 12 Galaxies 2565 Mission Street @ 22nd, San Francisco, CA
When: Friday, January 27, 9:00pm

It's party time people! Fix yourselves up – fabulous or funky – in all the black and white you can find, and make your way into the Mission for a night of decadence and debauchery! Festive fur, boys in black eyeliner, and any other of your favorite monochromatic delights await. The lovely ladies of Fandango have put together a DJ line-up to die for, including the mind blowing Mysterious D from Bootie! The range of these dames amazes us all, so expect the best from fabulous to filthy. I can't wait!

*Plus* We'll start the party at 9pm with free Sofia bubbly!! Outrageous toasting is, obviously, encouraged.

Doors will be open to the public for 5$. I'll have a small guest list, so those of you who respond quickly and decisively will get in on me.

Feel free to forward this to as many delightful souls as you can think of! I can't wait to celebrate with you all!

So the question is: What to wear? Current plan is to go with the black pants (black pants like I'd wear to work) black shoes (not a tough call) and some kind of dress shirt (I believe "woven" is the fashion industry term. I have three options: All black, all white, or one that's white, fitted, with black pinstripes... the lead candidate). The critical question: I have a black, ribbed tank T (wife beater) that fits me very well. It has the outline of a little red cross on it like this:


When I first saw the shirt, I said it would make me look hot, gay or evil, possibly all three. Many of the party goers wil be the burning man crowd. Many will be the black eyeliner crowd. There may come a time when dancing in my sexy man gear may be fine and fun. But I don't want to look like a cheese ball. Fashion counsel form the blogosphere?

In other news, I'll be seeing M Friday night after work to talk. My only plan is to be honest and kind.