Friday, March 10, 2006

The Brat

Was up shrieking at 1 am last night. Major tantrum. Kicking, stomping, screaming. I was not pleased.

In other news, I may have a match.com date tonight. I re-worked my profile to be explicitly non-marriage oriented. The level of interest from others went way down. I figured out that most of the 30-something women on match are on husband quest. So it may not be the right place for me. Perhaps I need to try something more shallow. My own interest in making something happen also went way down. I was sick, I was focused on rowing, I was a little hopeless about the lack of intersection between what I had room for in my life and what women seemed to want from me. So I took a break. I'm really not feeling like investing major effort in wooing anyone. If a girl wants to be chased, she can wait for the next guy. I am so done making anyone the center of my world. But I felt like giving this one a shot. So we'll see.

Just meeting for drinks.

My job is kind of killing me. My dissatisfaction is running over into other areas in my life. Making me bitter. I don't want to be that guy who always gripes about his job. But until I get the divorce stuff done and behind me, I'm going to have a hard time moving forwards, professionally.

They're thinking of putting me on some project in TX. That will suck. If I have to start living on airplanes for four weeks... I will *SO* speed up my job search. Right before the race in San Diego, no doubt. Just what I need.