Monday, June 06, 2005

Why I hate car shopping

Honda Guy: Hello my man. Sure sure. I show you the car. Is great car. What kind of car you drive now? (What is the value of your trade in?)

Honda Guy: What kind of work you do? (How much money do you make, and how much car can you afford?)

Honda Guy: What town you live in (How much money do you make and how much car can you afford?)

Honda Guy: When you are ready to buy, come back and we'll make you a great deal.

Ford Guy: Do you own a house or are you renting (How much money do you make, and how much car can you afford?)

Ford Guy: My manager wants to know what kind of price it'll take to get you to buy this car today.

Me: I'm not buying anything today.

Ford Junior Manager: What price would it take to get you to buy this car today?

Me: Free.

Ford Senior Manager: What price would it take to get you to buy this car today?

Me: I just want to know what you'd charge me for it.

Ford Senior Manager: Well your monthly payment depends on all kinds of things. What kind of payment do you want?

Me: I want a price, and I want some interest rates.