Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Life is good

Job continues to go well. Between the job and school, it's tough to find any time to write. I use my commute on the ferry to usually do school work: reading, writing. Once I'm home in the evening, I have time to make dinner, pack for the next day (readying breakfast, lunch, and clothing so I can get up, go to the boathouse, row, shower, get on the ferry and go to work) and do some school work. I'm usually so tired I can't begin to think about creative writing.

My wireless router now works wonderfully, thanks to a new cable modem. Now that there's wireless, I can be online from bed, which raises the odds of my getting a post up.

I'm just back from NYC for school. I had a 7 am flight Sunday morning from JFK to SFO. I needed to leave the hotel at 5 am. Which means I'd have needed to get up at 4:30. And since anything less than 3 hours sleep is more trouble than it's worth, I'd have needed to be asleep by 1:30. WHich means I'd have had to have left wherever I was by 1. And there was no way was going home at 1 am. So I elected just to stay up all night. Had a GREAT time. Had dinner at a vegetarian restaurant, and it was really great. Then spent the evening in a bar with my classmates and there was a lot of merriment and eventually dancing. It was great.

I'm almost over my broken wrist. I'm back to rowing. It's still a little sensitive, but I can do what I need to. I've begun weight training to restore my lost upper body strength. I'm back up to 175#, which is my "in shape" weight, though I still have a lot of cardio work to do.

I bought a toyota Matrix. It's cute and silvery blue and zippy and fun. I'll try to post a picture.

I'll be selling my ancient Isuzu trooper to the great state of CA for $1000 since it's a gross polluter and beyond repair. It ws my first car, and I'll always love it. But it's aninanimate object, so I ought not to grieve. Still, I feel disloyal.

I'll try to post something interesting. Thanks for still reading me.