Monday, October 17, 2005

Who I am 2005

Original instructions:
Welcome to the Fall 2005 edition of getting to know your friends. What you are supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste it onto a new e-mail that you'll send.Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to a whole bunch of people including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends, if you did not know them already.


I decided just to post it on my blog. Give me a link and a trackback if you chose to play along?

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:50 AM. . . Luxuriously late for me
2. Diamonds or pearls? Um, can I just have the cash?
3. What was the first movie you ever saw in the cinema, and what was the last film you saw at the cinema? Pete's Dragon; Batman Begins
4. What is your favorite TV show? I liked Star Trek Enterprise while it was on.
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Generic sugar smacks. Then I ate leftover banana pancakes at my desk around 11:30.
6. What is your middle name? Benjamin
7. What is your favorite cuisine/drink? Peasant fare/ pub food. The brew pub's closest thing to a sweet brown ale. Prefer my own stout best.
8. What foods do you dislike? Very few. Not a huge sushi fan. Don't care for carpaccio. But I've eaten them all.
9. What is your favorite crisp flavor? Um, is this the British sense of "crisp"? I like sour cream & onion, though it gives me bad breath.
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? I'd like to get the new Green Day album. I have mix CDs I've burned in my car that are my fav's, but I know that's not what the question was going for.
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? 2005 Moonstone Blue Toyota Matrix. I like my little car.
12. Favorite sandwich? Hands down it's Specialty's number 14, "the Cobb" without onions on Herb bread.
13. What characteristics do you despise? Insecurity mingled with arrogance, ignorance masquerading as sophistication, selfishness.
14. Favorite item of clothing? One of the shirts I had made in China.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Antarctica, Alaska, Costa Rica, Nepal.
16. What color is your bathroom? Very Pepto-Bismol pink. I rent, this is not my choice.
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Anything carried by REI. Ha!
18. Where would you retire to? I like where I live now.
19. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
20. What was your most memorable birthday? None are memorable.
21. Where were you born? St. Louis, MO
22. Favorite sport to watch: Soccer, Triathalon
23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Pope Benedictator
24. Person you expect to send it back first? Julie B
25. What fabric detergent do you use? Currently on deck: Arm & hammer. I'm not brand loyal.
26. Coke or Pepsi? I don't really drink soda, let alone caffeinated soda.
27. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Rowing has made me a morning person, but my genes are nocturnal.
28. What is your shoe size? 12 EE. See my earlier post.
29. Do you have any pets? Nope.
30. Have you got a boy/girlfriend? I have many friends.
31. How long have you been together? Some friends I've had for decades, some for weeks.
32. What do you want to be when you grow up? I don't want to grow up. Grownups don't have fun.
33. Where in the world are you? San Anselmo, CA