Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Ahhh...

It's been a while since I've felt so non-pressed in the evening that I could hit the rowing machine after work. And since my downstairs neighbors have moved out, I don't fear disturbing anyone (well, I fear disturbing my next door neighbor, but I think I'm allowed my loud tunes and whoosh of the erg at 7 PM). The nice thing about erging at home is I can throw dinner in the oven and it's ready when I'm done.

I did 3 x 15' with 3' off. I got 40 36m on the first, 4037m on the second and 4039m on the third. So my pacing was consistent. Doing 3 x 15' at 1:51.5/ 500m pace is a very good sign for me. I think if I do the Concept2 holiday challenge this year (200,000m between Thanksgiving and Christmas) I'll be in shape to go after my record in the 10k, and possibly crack my record in the 6k as well. I'd love to go sub 6:30 for 2K at the Peninsula Indoor regatta in February. But that will be painful.

It's just nice to start in on the serious erg training with a good level of fitness.

Exercise time: 53:01
Max HR: 187
Ave HR: 163 (including rest!)
KCal: 829

The funny thing: When I came home the temp was like 60. When I finished it was around 72. I don't think that was just because the oven was on. Those 829 Calories have to go somewhere.