Monday, November 21, 2005

Sunday's race

The results are posted here. Our event started at 9:10 am.

The course was curvy, and we got penalized for missing a buoy, but I never saw one. I thought our cox did a great job on a course that's largely a slalom with a boat that's designed to just go straight.

There are some cool pictures from the race:

This is us motoring away.

The "next image" and "previous image" buttons will let you see other shots. We're images 420 through 433, though there's a random women's double picture mixed in the series. I tried to link in directly to some, but no dice.

Like I said, I got bumped from the first 8+ by some insanely fast folk, and I like stroking. If it weren't for the buoy penalties, we'd have (as a club) won the race. My boat would have taken third, regardless, but I like the margins on the other crews: It really says there's us, as a club, then there's everyone else.