Friday, November 11, 2005

Kind of ironic

My line yesterday about fearing Pagans from SF.

Seems Bill got all riled up over SF's outcomes. Not that I vote in the SF district, but I'm pleased he's pissed.

I suppose I'll put it this way: Bill, I call your bluff. Let's have it your way. Let the mighty US military stop protecting us San Franciscans from the evil terrorists, and we'll just suffer the consequences. They can put away the tanks and stop the air cover they're flying. Oh, right, there are no tanks. There is no air cover. Well at least the guys at the security checkpoints who keep a terrorist from blowing up a U-haul full of fertilizer on the golden gate bridge during rush hour can go home. Oh, wait, there are no check points. There is no active protection of this city in any specific way.

Hmmm.... Gives me an idea.

For the next thirty seconds I shall use my amazing super powers to protect you, my dear reader, from terrorist attack. And to prove my powers are far greater than those of the US military machine, as an extra special bonus, I shall also protect you from comets, space junk, and fire ants. Let the 30 seconds begin...

Don't you feel safer now? Will you vote for me?

I think the US military (Abu Ghraib) may be making it a bit more dangerous for Americans at home and abroad by giving folk more motive (perhaps with debatably less capacity) to attack. I'd argue that we left coasters have done a lot to protect ourselves by rejecting this administration's jingoistic foreign policy vocally and consistently, even when most of the nation was hungry for post 9-11 vengeance. I think folks clever enough to plan co-ordinated attacks know how, when and where to strike. And I bet they get that the folks in SF are the people least behind the oppressive Saudi regime, least in favor of Apartheid in Israel, and most likely to work for global social justice, which is the best anti-terrorism cure I know.

So, Bill my boy, you can keep your hand guns and sabre rattling, and we'll keep our tolerance and understanding, and we'll see who gets blow'd up first by the "terrorists".