Monday, November 28, 2005

It comes to this

My wife asked me to send her a CD of all the photos I took during our marriage. This was easily done, as I had always archived them by date. My camera's resolution sucks, so there were less than 700MB of pictures.

I burned the disk over the weekend (Had one burn go badly. Anyone need a coaster?). I dropped it in the mailbox across from work just now.

Just sad, in some ways. An entire marriage, reduced to a single CD. Sent via US mail to her parents' house. With no note. It's sad because we don't even talk any more. I just get terse e-mails (like the one requesting the pictures) or letters from her lawyer. It's ironic. So many people are stunned. Seems we had the world convinced that we were perfectly happy. And I think that, for a while, we were.

And now the digital archive of most of our time together is in the mail. There's a t-shirt to be made saying "6 years of marriage, and all I get is a lousy photo CD?"