Monday, November 07, 2005

Leaking Angst

I'm rather stressed out. I have my thesis due tomorrow, my branding project team breathing down my neck to do our next assignement, work revving up, a race this sunday, and a legally important letter from my wife's lawyer asking me to make a choice in 10 days or they'll start filing motions, no clean socks, no food in my fridge, and a stack of mail (including bills) I've not tended to for a week.

And I'm leaking my angst everywhere. Two folks at work have pulled me aside to find out what my deal is. Direct quote: "Your body language said you do not want to be here". I have no enthusiasm for my job right now, and it's the bottom of my priority list. I think I'd rather have clean socks than a paycheck at this moment, which tells me I'm being a bit irrational. But I wear my feelings on my sleeve. It's me. And it's bad for those around me when I'm under pressure.

It's hard for me to not try to escape from my life when it's like this. But I'm doing okay. I've got friends who have been good to me, and understand that at times like this, I may do things I'd rather not, but just can't really avoid well. Once the stress goes, I'll be back on the wagon.

I'm hard to kill.