Friday, December 30, 2005

Don't ever let me forget

that I'm addicted to my own brain chemicals.

If I ever get mopey, despondent, or quiet, the best thing anyone can do for me is ask "When was the last time you got it a good workout?" If the answer is more than 24 hours ago, I should be forcibly strapped to the nearest exercise apparatus. If we're in a car, just kick me out and make me run the next 5 miles. Something. Anything.

I thought I was doing myself a favor keeping the exercise down while I had the cold. But it just threw me off. My sleep schedule, my mood, everything. Better to have a miserable workout with a cold and keep my sanity that be energetic yet melancholy.

I did sprint pieces on the erg last night (9 x (500m @ 1:42, 2' off)), and did 2 x 20' this afternoon. Ah. When I'm dancing in the bathroom as I head for the shower, we know my mood has been restored.

Tomorrow morning I'll row on the water.