Friday, December 02, 2005

Goddamn Toyota

It rained sideways yesterday. Wind, rain. A lot of things got wet.

I felt bad for my little car, waiting faithfully for me all day in the windy Ferry terminal parking lot.

While waiting in traffic to exit the ferry lot, there was a glistening flash of movement to my right. It looked like a droplet of water. Falling. Inside the car.

Had I left the sunroof open? The door ajar? The window cracked? Nope.

Seems that there's some kind of leak that's letting water get in under the roof and flow to a point above the front and right most corner of the passenger set, where it soaks the felt on the roof interior, and drips down, into the car. Onto the cloth seats. And onto the atlas I have in the passenger door. Seems my car isn't weather proof.

I called the guy at the dealership who sold it to me, and left a message. I await the return of my call.

I really don't need a hassle right now. Even in the best imaginable world, I'll need to get over to the dealership twice during their normal business hours, which are well inside the hours that I'm outside of Marin. They're open 9-6. I'm on a ferry at 7:50 and not back until 6:50. At the minimum, it means two days of pain in the ass logistics.

I want them to take my car, fix the problem the first time, leave the car good as new, give me a cool loaner car while they fix it, and not charge me a dime. Or they can take the car back and give me another one. Anything less than this, and I'll be really pissed and raise a fuss. Can you see me standing in the middle of the dealership saying loudly "The car you sold me has a roof that lets water in when it rains?"