Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Heismanized?

I don't know how ubiquitous the term is, and I know those with less American cultural roots often don't get what I mean when I say "She gave me the Heisman". Which sounds like, but is radically different from "she gave me the hymen".

That was terrible, I know. But I had to go there.

To wit, the Heisman:




So we all know what this means, then, yes?

I think Girl 1 is giving me the Heisman. Not that I tried anything. But I sure didn't get any signals to go for it, either. My read is that she's got a lot of lines in the water. She certainly had opportunity. Odd thing is, I'm not sure I'd have felt it was right. But it was clear she didn't want to linger at the end of our date. Message received.

I admit I was a little down about it on my way home from our date, and felt the impulse to bury my feelings in less than good for me behavior. But I've reached a point where I can see how the impulse gets tied to the feeling, and I had the drive home to think about how best to handle it. I made good choices and was just fine that night.

At the end of the day, I'm not that upset. Rejection is rejection, and it sucks, but, as a friend pointed out, we don't find fault with the puzzle pieces when they don't fit together.