Friday, February 03, 2006

Weekend away (kind of)

I'll be boarding a plane for CHI this evening to help my younger brother move. I'll be helping him pack and carry things to whatever truck he's got. I'll fly back here Monday morning very early. I may be off line for a while.

It'll be work, but it'll be good to be with him. He flew out and helped me move when I had a broken wrist and needed to move in May. I'm happy to return the favor. It may also get my family off my back a bit, given they think I'm avoiding them. Truth is, I am. I just don't have the energy to contribute to the family right now in the way they'd like me to. My brothers and I are on good terms, but the extended family doesn't really get me.

I'm really frustrated with my job. It's bringing me down a bit. I need to move on.