Friday, January 26, 2007

Feelin' the heat? That'd be Jesus

I read this, expecting the guy's objections to "An Inconvenient Truth" to be somewhat less... scary?

Should have guessed when I found out he was 43 and father of 7.

Anyone remember the rapture folks in the late 80's? They all thought Jesus was coming back on a certain day. And he didn't show.

So how hot does it have to get for Jesus to come back? Should I stop recycling so he can come back sooner? I think I missed that verse in Revelations which mentions the precise temperature for bringing about the end times.

"Heateth thine Earth to 84.5 degrees Fahrenheit. I mean Centigrade. Er, cubits. And the Earth is flat. And then the skies shall open, and the oceans shall rise, and there will be a separating of sheep from goats, and all the bad guys will get it, and all the evangelical literalist nut jobs will go to heaven."

Yeah, I missed that part.