Thursday, February 23, 2006

Grab bag of Ken facts

I'm still not 100% well. I'm going to be precise. This post will contain TMI. We're all adults. Put on your scientist/ doctor objectivity persona. Ready? Details:

My bowels seem to be functioning better, in that stuff is moving through. I've re-vamped my diet to high fiber, and that's helping. Oh is that helping. But the uncomfortable pressure/ sharp pain still builds, particularly later in the day. In the morning, I wake up really hurting. I wake up a few times in the night, uncomfortable, with the pain localized in my lower, just-right-of-mid abdomen. Think upper right corner of what would be my bikini zone (if I didn't wax... I kid, I kid.), then up and right just another inch. But then, since it's 5 am, and my body knows that's poo time, things move along, and I feel a little better, though the soreness in that spot persists. Morning is good, but by the time it's dinner, I hurt again. Yes, I do try to go during the day. That helps, a little. A lot of the pressure seems to be "bubbles". I don't know if this is caused by my new diet, or cause for concern. I had a friend who investigated irritable bowel syndrome for work. I fear it.

My hope is that some bad constipation led to a muscle strain, and all will go back to normal in a few weeks. Many of you have asked how I am. So that's how I am. Sorry if this was TMI. We're all adults. Everyone poops.

I broke 37 minutes for 10K on the erg this morning. I haven't gone that fast since 2003. My record is 36:48. So I was 11 seconds off my record. I will break it by April. I feel really good about this. It's so gratifying to be that fast right now.

I went to the DMV this morning on my way to San Jose. I got plates for my car. Seems the dealer gave them the wrong address for me. Odd. DMV was all automated and supremely efficient. I was in and out super fast. Not my expectation. Good on them.