Friday, February 10, 2006

A Match date post mortem

Things I liked:

  1. Girl was genuine. No BS.
  2. Happy to break the rules about "stuff not to talk about on a first date".
  3. Holy crap what a body (pilates instructor! Hello! Mc Fly!).
  4. Nice eyes.
  5. Happy to make the first move.
  6. Lots in common: Philosophy, triathalon, both in same life stage.
  7. Seems low maintenence.
  8. She was forward.
  9. I felt relaxed with her.
  10. She actually liked that I referred to something she did as "cute".
  11. I know she's attracted to me.
Yes, 5, 8 and 11 are the same thing.

Things I didn't like:
  1. Her eyebrows could use a little more refinement in the waxing department.
  2. She kisses like a kissy fish.
  3. Safe first date attire, but if she found me hot, she coulda brought it a little harder in the sexy department. Strappy heels and a skirt, please.

I think I'd like to see her because I want to see what's it's like to date someone who would go trail run or mountain bike or road bike with me. She's got a hot bod. I don't feel the crazy "Juliet's dead? Then I'll take this poison!" thing, but I think that's fine. It's not a requirement for me right now. And I want to see how things develop when I let her know up front (as I did tonight) that I'm just looking to see what's out there. I think round two I'll make it clear that I'm not looking to date just one girl any time soon. We'll see how that goes. I feel bad for treating human beings with feelings like lab animals, but I'm trying things out. I think the only truly unfair thing would be to place artificial constraints on where the relationship can go. I'm open to what happens. And I have a few specific things I hope to learn.