Monday, July 24, 2006

More bullets

I have much to blog and no time to do it.

I'm in NYC now for work, here till Weds. Maybe I'll write on the plane on Weds and post it on Thursday?

Weekend was eventful, and about 6 billion degrees. Insanely hot. Many stories. Among them:

Suffered the consequences of letting folks in my real life know about the blog: K chose to read again for the first time in a long time, and hurt feeling ensued (about my dates, and the hot German chick). I felt like a toad, on one hand, but on the other, was fine. I haven't ever lied or milsead or misrepresented. I haven't been in her face about my dating life, either. Felt bad because she needed me to be a source of comfort in her life right now, not of conflict or hurt. She's in TX to be with her father in his last days. But we had a good chat (as we always do) and came to some good understanding. I still call her every day to check on her. Her dad's not in good shape at all, now, and it's not expected he'll regain consciousness. Her family is doing the best they can, but it's so hard to lose someone, no matter how they go. So do think of her.

I guess these aren't bullets.

Mediation on Friday went well, and it's likely I'll have a real settlement agreement out of this one. It's really sad where we are. I understand why my to-be-ex is so mad at me. She still doesn't understand me. It's so clear to me now why we never should have married. But I had to learn what I needed by experiencing what happens when it's missing.