Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Good for me, bad for us

My 2000m erg test didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped. I've not been doing the same volume of work (after practice, sessions in the evening) as I had been in December, and it's starting to show. Still, I had hoped to make a time between 6:40 and 6:44. I came in at 6:45.5, which is about what I did last year at this time. So much for being faster.

The good news for me was that I had one of the faster times on my team. Of those tentatively in my boat for San Diego, I was the third fastest on port, and only out of second by 0.5 seconds. So my seat security is rather high. But this is less because my performance is so much better than that of my teammates and more that no one seems to have had a particularly good piece. Which means folks need to get on the training.

So I'm going to try to put in 100,000 meters between now and the next test. Some longer work, and some sprint work, and I'll be where I need to be. I want to break 6:40.