Friday, January 06, 2006

Impending infanticide

I'm going to kill the toddler downstairs.

He's going through a "phase" in which he's taken to waking up around... 10, 10:30 PM. Tonight it's 11:30... and shrieking his little fucking head off.

Since I didn't create the brat, I feel no obligation to suffer from living with the boy. Yet I suffer.

The effects of sleep deprivation on the human mind? Not pretty.

I confessed to a friend today my dark desires for revenge and peaceful slumber. I'd be an evil parent. How does anyone manage not to toss their offspring in a lake in a bag with a brick?

Love. Or whatever it is that evolution has connived to do to our brains so we actually feel fondness for our own spawn.

Right now, I just want to put the downstairs child in a trunk in a closet in a house in Des Moines. So I can sleep.