Friday, April 14, 2006

Balanced life

I played some hookie from work yesterday and had a relatively remorseless afternoon of sun and fun. It was the first 72 and sunny day we'd seen in days, and there was no way I was going to go into the office to kill time and put in an appearance.

This morning I got out in the quad, and I ws down to my uni and t-shirt after the first 50 strokes. Water was calm, air was the perfect temperature.

Despite all the chaos, I feel a lot of peace in my life right now.

This weekend I'll have a hard practice Saturday morning, and probably brew beer for the first time in a year Saturday afternoon. I'll be making my summer red.

I forgot to take my anti-poison oak meds this morning, and left them in my car back in the ferry parking lot. I'm praying I can make it through the day without my immune system turning back on again. The drugs are definitely working.