Friday, February 16, 2007

Status

Pulled 60 min yesterday morning, then 90 min this morning for somewhere north of 37,000 meters in a little more than 24 hours. It's managed heart rate stuff, keeping mine just at 150. It's comfortable, but I'm working.

I'm about to turn 33. If I live to be 100, 1/3 of my life is over. That sucks. I'm doing my best to make the most of the time I've got.

Chatted with my friend and teamate/ workout partner this morning over breakfast about the kids thing. He and his wife are thinking of pulling the goalie. He thinks K and I are a great pair, but knows I shouldn't pull the goalie unless I'm ready for kids.

My client for work expressed interest in hiring me. But they're in San Jose, and I have no idea how I could row in Marin every day and work in San Jose. None the less, I'll make efforts to be in touch with folks there after the engagement.

I have other consulting opportunities coming my way. Just signed an independent consulting gig, and have a classmate from school who wants to try to build a research business with me. I'm just not sure I'm excited to analyze the crap out of business to business software markets. But if it makes me rich, I may do it...