Tuesday, June 06, 2006

And the answer is: Partially torn MCL

And while that means I don't need surgery, I fear it means the end of certain activities in my life. There's plenty of reason to expect I'll come back to rowing fine, and biking and probably running. But downhill skiing may be over, as may be agility sports like soccer, volleyball, etc. Anything requiring fast pivoting and turning. Not that I do those often, but I like them.

I don't know any of that for sure, but it's my fear. We'll do rehab and see what happens.

My physical therapy appointment on Monday went well. Most impotant for me, I learned a lot about my injury and what my body's doing, and that helped me. I know what I need to do to heal. So I feel better about it all. I must Ice and ibuprofen, then do range of motion exercises, and then do some strength/ movement stuff.

I've been shipped to NYC for work again. Got notice about noon yesterday that my presence was requested here today. Red eye last night. I slept very little. Feel groggy. Must make it through this afternoon, then I can crash. I don't sleep on planes well. No more red eyes for me.